On Sunday Paul and I took a trip to Kampala to get some stuff done. Kampala is a crazy city (as I've mentioned before). We love it and hate it all at the same time. When we haven't been in awhile, we get really excited about going. Then, after we've been there for a day, we can't wait to get home. Speaking of "home," we both just realized the other day that Masaka is really starting to feel like home! (In a much different way than HOME home, of course). We have gotten used to Friday market days (which is basically the only time you can find cucumbers), power outages (which make for lovely forced candlelit dinners), and our slow but steady washing machine. Okay, not steady at all. But today was the first day in the history of the universe that I put a load of laundry in after breakfast and it was finished before lunch! And speaking of lunch, we had SALAD today, thanks to our trip to Kampala (the only place you can find lettuce). We also have Kampala to thank for pizza and Mexican food, all in the same day!

Ready to go to Kampala!

Latte - yum! Another perk of visiting Kampala.
Things are going well at the Timothy Centre. Recently Paul has been taking some precautions to make sure the men are safe as they're working. One guy's arms were starting to get burned with lime...another one was welding wearing only sunglasses...and they all walk around barefoot. While there's only so much Paul can do, he's done what he can by buying some coveralls, gloves, and goggles for the ones that need it.
There they are, sporting their coveralls. The one one the right doesn't actually have a white beard. He has a lime beard.

This would never happen at home.

This guy got innovative and made his own coveralls out of cement bags - don't they look effective?

Colour started going on the walls today! I'll confess - I wasn't part of it. I stayed home to clean the house. But it's looking good!

Two strange animals, drinking from the waterhole...

Nope, that's just Lizabee and I washing paintbrushes!

Little kids walk across the TC property every day to get water. When we're all there painting, they usually stop for awhile to watch us - and they find it very amusing when we smile, wave, or take pictures of them!
Now I'm tuned in and LOVING your posts, Megs. Keep them up! Much love.
ReplyDelete