On Thursday we ran some errands and then drove home, and Friday (yesterday) Lizabee and I went out to Kibaale. Arleen has passed over some of her Kibaale duties to me this term, so in the afternoon I was in charge of leading an English language workshop to the primary teachers. I was bit apprehensive of whether or not I would be able to fill the hour and a half with the material I had prepared, but much to my surprise the teachers were completely engaged and excited about learning English prepositions. We only got through 2 pages of my notes because they were all eager to ask questions and learn! (This is the difference between adult learners who care what I'm saying, and teenage learners who don't!) All in all, a successful workshop! Who knew English grammar could be so exciting?!
It's Saturday morning right now. It's pouring rain. We are about to go on a safari to Lake Mburo with the Irish girls. We're hoping the rain stops, but either way it should be an adventure...so stay tuned for some stories and photos. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment