In a previous blog entry I mentioned the fact that boda boda's (motorcycle taxis) are capable of carrying ridiculous amounts of stuff as they drive around town. Well, much to my delight, this morning I was on the computer and found a file Paul had made called "Things a Boda Boda Can Carry." Apparently he's been working on this list for awhile now. I opened it up and laughed out loud - because I know that all the things on his list have been witnessed by him firsthand. And when I asked him if his list was finished so I could copy it onto our blog, he said, "Will it ever really be finished, Megan?" In other words, you never know what you might see strapped to the back of a boda boda. I'm sure the list will grow! Here it is, in it's incomplete form.
THINGS A "BODA BODA" CAN CARRY
1. A very large pig
2. Stack of 20 plastic chairs
3. Dining room furniture set
4. Goats
5. Corrugated sheet metal
6. 10 pieces of ½” x 20’ re-bar
7. Bricks
8. 3-5 people
9. An 8’ piece of steel fencing
10. Welding tanks
11. Cement bags
12. Matooke
13. Bicycles
14. Large bags of charcoal
15. Wooden planks
16. Coolers with ice cream
17. Stacks of egg trays
18. Cases of soda
19. A fridge
20. A jet tub
On a note completely unrelated to bodas, EMI wrapped up their week here today with an amazing presentation. This team of volunteer engineers and architects have been working like crazy for the past week designing buildings and creating detailed drawings for the Timothy Centre. This afternoon we went to hear their ideas and see their plans, and it was quite amazing what they were able to accomplish in such a short time. I'm no builder (surprising, I know) but I do know that Paul, Jeff and the rest of the guys will be appreciating this group's hard work as they continue to make progress on the Timothy Centre.
No comments:
Post a Comment