I have been doing a whole lot of Christmas baking recently, for several reasons:
1. We have 7 guests arriving next week who will be here for Christmas.
2. My mom's not here to do it for me this year, so I have to pretend to be her.
3. It's delicious.
4. I don't have anything better to do.
5. I have a brand new kitchen that is fun to be in.
6. I want to rapidly gain as much weight as possible.
*Note: Number 6 is not true.
Tonight we're going to this fancy dinner party (okay...next door to Lizabee's house) so I'm bringing this little plate of Christmas goodies for dessert. (Notice the extreme green on the trees and stars - I scored with some super powerful food colouring powder).
I've decided I will be eating Christmas goodies up until December 31st (which is the day the team goes home, and it also happens to be New Years Eve - interesting coincidence), at which point I will drop all treat-eating habits and revert to my beautifully healthy regular eating patterns.
*Note: 'Beautifully healthy regular eating patterns' is an over-exaggeration, aside from the firm decision I made a couple weeks ago to stop drinking 'soda' (as we call it in Uganda). So far so good, haven't caved. Drinking it everyday can only lead to bad things. Unless you're Paul, who claims he has recently LOST WEIGHT. What?!
No comments:
Post a Comment