Having Lizabee right next door is very handy, especially when she can call out her back door, "Want to come over for tea?" Or when it's dinner time and I can say, "You make the pasta, I'll make the sauce." The benefits of community! It's also great that when it's time for Paul to go to work he just has to step out the front door. And I don't have to wonder when he'll be home for lunch.
Max and Joey are also loving the Timothy Centre, with endless space to run around, birds to chase, and mud to get very, very dirty in. We feel safe with them here - them and the security guard that paces back and forth in front of our houses all night with a gun strapped over his shoulder. We're in good hands!
One of my first activities after moving in, unpacking, and cleaning, was setting up the Christmas tree and nativity! It felt strange setting it up with Christmas music playing and the 30 degree sunshine beaming through the window. I think a palm tree may have been more fitting. But I do love our little 4-foot artificial tree!
Waiting for our house to be ready was worthwhile. I keep looking around and asking myself, Am I really in Africa? Then I look out the window and see Ugandan men digging in the front yard. Oh yes. I am still in Africa.
Now, time to go enjoy the fruits of Paul's labour. Photos coming soon...
Congratulations!!! We share your excitement.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless your new Home, Paul and Megan,
Andy and Chris
AHHHHHh!
ReplyDeleteThat pretty much sums it up!
(You can guess what I'm going to say, or wait until the next set of XLR8! meeting minutes)
-Jono