Sunday, November 22, 2009

Moving, Part 1

Move #1 is complete. Meaning we no longer live on Jonmohamed Road across from the cemetery, in the house with 4 bedrooms. We now live on the road to Kibaale (actual road name, I don't know), in Karl and Arleen's house. Half of our belongings are at the Timothy Centre (unpacked into their nice brand new drawers), and the other half are crammed into our bedroom here. Karl and Arleen leave tomorrow for South Africa, so as they leave, we settle in, and hope that within the next week or so we will be able to finish the move and put our cutlery into our new kitchen rather than have it sitting beside our bed...beside the olive oil and the chocolate chips. Bedrooms are a weird spot for things like cutlery, dishes, and baking ingredients. But on the bright side I can get up and make cookie dough in the middle of the night without having to get out of bed. (No, I don't do that. That would be weird).

Before we moved to Uganda I packed up our kitchen about 2 weeks too soon, so we mooched off our friends and family until we left. Mooching is not really an option here, but we DO have 10 Tables and the Danish Cafe. I have a feeling we'll be taking advantage of those places a bit more than usual over the next 8 days as we continue to live in limbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment