Timothy Centre guesthouse progress
Giant avocados, about 8 cents each!
The RAV4 in the African rain
You guessed it...the rooster. RIP old friend.
Our house for the next 2 months
These pictures are taking about 5 minutes each to upload, so I'll stop there, but at least it gives you an idea of what it's like (a little bit!)
Paul and I spent Thursday and Friday in Kibaale, where I will be working about once a week helping the lower primary with their English program. Arleen did a workshop for the primary teachers on Friday afternoon, where they were all very interested to discover the difference between "somehow" and "somewhat," (no, you can't say "I am hungry somehow") and the fact that in English there is no such saying as "yesterday but one" (2 days ago). I will be working with these teachers a bit as I get to know them and their curriculum better.
Other recent experiences:
- we found a lizard in our sink when we got home yesterday, which Paul then videotaped as he almost drowned it with the tap (don't worry, it got away safe)
- we are enjoying a routine of coffee and devotions on the front porch every morning
- we enjoyed our first Ugandan church service last Sunday at Masaka Full Gospel church
- next Sunday we are going to try church at the Danish restaurant (seriously, they've got everything there! Aerobics, movie nights, internet, church services...)
- after 3 confusing trips to the Kibaale farm we finally got to take home a tray of fresh eggs (Chris and Sarah you would LOVE it here!)
- we spent a great evening with Jeff & Shannon and Sean & Jamie on Thursday...nice to have other people our age around
We are enjoying emails from friends and family at home, and again, we appreciate your care and prayers. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment