Since photos take an extremely long time to upload, it’s time to give you a mental snapshot of what life is like in Masaka (for us).
*Storks are everywhere, and (like we’ve already mentioned) they are the ugliest birds ever. I wouldn’t want one of those things bringing me a baby that’s for sure! We automatically duck every time we’re walking and see a large shadow looming over our heads – those things are freaky.
*The other day we were driving through town and happened to notice a bridal shop called “Jehovah Jireh.” Apparently they sell wedding dresses, candles, flowers, lights, and “other wedding supplies for a good price”. So, friends of ours getting married in the near future, you may want to come take a visit to Jehovah Jireh.
*Yesterday as I was washing dishes I noticed an unusually large number of ants marching around on the windowsill – and then I looked at what was once a green cloth and it was black, swarming with ants. I realized the ants were coming in a big long line from a tiny hole in the wall where the hot water pipe comes in…so I quickly spread some ant killer all over the wall and then there were none left. I threw the cloth away. Then later on we were eating eggs and toast...and we realized that the little black specks on the bottom of the eggs were not specks of pepper, they were ants. We picked the ants out, and yes, we still ate the eggs.
*Paul has funny stories everyday about miscommunications with the builders at the Timothy Centre. They barely speak any English. The other day they asked him for “ardicoa” which Paul later realized was “hard core” (for the base of a building). He gets a lot of “Uncle Paul, I do not understand.”
So, we have found some things to laugh about and keep us entertained. Paul continues to be very busy working at the Timothy Centre, and I am in the process of looking into doing some volunteering at a babies’ home in Masaka. In the meantime, as I wait for my job to pick up and get going, I feel like a stay at home mom but with no kids to keep me busy! (Let’s just say I’ve been doing a lot of cooking and baking – bad news when there are only 2 of us to eat it).
We hear we’re missing some crazy heat wave at home. We’re not too upset we’ve missed it considering our weather here is a steady mid-high 20s…and will be all year round. We’re already excited about missing a rainy Vancouver winter!
We have posted some prayer requests in the side margin and would appreciate if you could keep them in mind. Thanks to those of you who are supporting us in prayer, it makes all the difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment