This morning Doreen, our church friend, and Evacy, the head-mistress of the Timothy Girls' College, came over for a baking lesson! Evacy has been wanting to learn to bake because the house she will be living in soon has an oven (that she recently purchased for herself), which she is very excited about! Doreen doesn't have an oven, but still wanted to learn in case she ever wants to borrow our oven. She lives just down the road so that should be handy! Today's lesson included a pumpkin loaf and a banana loaf.
I felt very home-ec-teacher-ish as I laid out the ingredients and pre-wrote the recipes in little booklets for them. I like the home-ec teacher side of myself, especially because the finished products turned out beautifully!




Drinking tea and writing down more recipes while we waited for the loaves to bake!

Ta da! Thankfully today was not one of the days where the loaf sticks to the pan and falls apart. They turned out so good and tasted delicious! They each took home half a banana loaf and half a pumpkin loaf.
Next lesson: baking cookies. I already can't wait!
Oh, that sounds like so much fun! Happy to hear it was a baking success!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun, Megan! We're going to be having some baking classes here too, eventually. We hope to teach some pastor's wives to bake bread, among other things, to help supplement their husband's income. I'm looking forward to it! First I just have to learn a little more language...
ReplyDelete