Yesterday was the workers' second annual Christmas cow roast! They were pretty excited about it. The cow had been living at the Timothy Centre for the past couple weeks, getting nice and fat for the occasion. Here she is, yesterday morning before the grand slaughter (of which I will not post any photos. Eww.)

They turned it into kebabs and stew, and they also made chicken, rice, matooke, peanut sauce, potatoes, greens, and served fruit and soda. It was quite the feast!






They can sure eat a lot! They had firsts, seconds, and took leftovers home in plastic bags!

Fighting over the liver. Darn, I didn't get in there fast enough.

I feel a little sad for the cow, but the feast sounds delicous. I find it interesting how close together everyone is standing while waiting for their food. Could you imagine that happening in Canada? No personal space...at all!
ReplyDeleteACK! Imagine if Christy had been there :S
ReplyDelete