Thursday, October 14, 2010

Morning Playtime

This morning Lizabee, her mom (currently visiting from Canada) and I went to visit the babies' home run by the Danish NGO in Masaka. It had been awhile since I'd visited and I had a hankering for some good old fashioned baby cuddling! In a matter of months the babies' home has gone from having two (remember Gideon?) to now 7 children. Some of their stories are tragic and heartbreaking, but the kids are now being taken care of by a Ugandan family, and have the opportunity to develop as they play and interact with their "brothers and sisters." We had a great time holding and hugging them, watching them play, and listening to them laugh!


Jeremiah


There's Gideon! With the remnants of chickenpox and malaria, poor little guy! He is so much more playful and interactive than the last time I saw him, and he has even started talking (not that I understand Luganda).


Adele holding Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment