CSA Uganda (part of the Association of Christian Schools International) was in need of a secretary - someone to organize files, keep in touch with the head office in South Africa, and represent the organization in town for those interested in coming to get more information. That's where I come in! The organization wants to help Christian schools in the area by offering resources, teacher training workshops, etc., and in doing so help teachers learn how to integrate a biblical worldview into their teaching. I'm definitely on board with this organization and their goals, as I've seen how difficult it is for many teachers to make the Bible relevant to their students' lives. CSA(U) is hoping that by opening up this office in Masaka they will make themselves known and be able to reach more Christian schools in the area.
Although it's already been several months since I volunteered to work in the office, I only began working there last week. At this point, there isn't a whole lot of work to be done, but I can always count on people stopping by the office to say hello, ask about the organization, or just peek in and take a look at my white face! I even had a guy who was very interested in my "friendship" (and by "friendship" he really meant "marriage," and then when I told him I was already married he covered it up by saying that he "didn't mean a love affair"). That's another story. Which, just so you know, involves a flowery poncho (the guy's outfit of choice) and Avatar on DVD (a gift to me which I didn't accept, so as not to give him the wrong idea).
Anyway, photos of the office to come...along with many more stories of interesting people that meander down the sidewalk in Masaka.
No comments:
Post a Comment