Friday, October 16, 2009

What's Happening at TC?

Those of you that are thinking, "What do Paul and Megan do besides go on safaris and go to the beach?" this one's for YOU. Things are happening at the Timothy Centre! Unfortunately, our hopes of moving into the guesthouses by the end of October aren't looking too promising, but mid-November is realistic and it's not too far away. We are itching to move! Especially since at the moment Paul is still living out of his duffle bags (my clothes take up all the space on our one shelf - oops), and I have some new homey decorations that are sitting in a pile waiting for their new home! It will also be nice to have the other Timothy Centre staff living right next door, and to be far enough out of town that we won't hear mosques, traffic, and nightclubs.

Until then, however, Paul continues to drive to the site everyday, and always comes home with progress updates, stories about the workers, and of course, photos!



The windows are in, the inside walls are painted, and the floors are almost finished being tiled in both guesthouse duplexes!




A wall is being built around the guesthouse compound for safety.




The showers are installed, tiled, and looking very inviting after squatting in a bathtub to shower for the past 3 months!




A little treat the workers collected - white ants.




Apparently bricks are very exciting! And apparently our camera has a problem that makes clouds look pink.


While Paul is busy with all of this, I am at the mercy of whatever housework needs to be done. On any given day you might find me sweeping the floor, doing laundry in hopes that the power stays on long enough for the load to finish, opening and closing the front gate when Paul comes and goes, working on whatever teaching projects I have going at the moment, walking to the market for fresh fruit and vegetables, baking bread, or cooking dinner. The cooking dinner part is usually preceded by browsing my new favourite website, The Pioneer Woman. I never thought I would feel so domestic! But really, what other options do I have over here? A dirty house and a dinner of white ants? No thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow looks great! Megan you make me proud you domesticated woman you!!

    ReplyDelete