After 3 1/2 months of watching the seeds I brought with me sit in their packages on the table, I finally decided to plant them. Paul brought home some dirt from the Timothy Centre (which sat on our front porch for about 3 weeks before I even touched it...but that's irrelevant), and then he sifted out the chunks so I could start planting! First, I cut some milk cartons in half and found some other handy dandy containers lying around, and filled them with dirt. Then I dug little trenches in the dirt and dropped the seeds in. Please note that I have never planted anything in my life, so I really have no idea what I'm doing. Now, the seeds look like this:
Yes, it appears they are simply containers filled with dirt. BUT, underneath the dirt lie seeds that will soon turn into lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, onions, mint, basil, parsley, and chives (if all goes well)! Stay tuned for exciting garden-growing progress updates!*
*If you don't see any garden-growing updates in the future, it means the garden didn't grow. Don't be surprised if this is the case.
Interesting Ugandan experience of the day: Paul came home for lunch and told me that 16 cobra eggs were found in the wetland in front of the guesthouses. Hmm.
haha Megan you make me laugh! Good luck with the gardening. I'm trying to grow an apple tree - we too will see how it goes.
ReplyDelete