Monday, May 10, 2010

Namwesezi Harriet

Today I had the chance to meet the post-secondary student that my parents sponsor in Masaka. Unfortunately, because their time here visiting was so short, they weren't able to meet her themselves. But I went on their behalf and just loved her! We met at "Banana Chick" - a popular little restaurant in town - where we had a soda, I gave her some gifts, and I asked her a million questions about herself! Harriet started her schooling in Kibaale when she was in P1, and she is now in her last year of business school. Her goal is to someday open her own hotel in Kampala. She is such a sweet girl and is so thankful for the opportunities her sponsorship is providing for her. She's another living testimony to the amazing effects sponsoring a child can have!



No comments:

Post a Comment