Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Love Lists

Things I am currently enjoying:

- sunshine
- pears - PEARS! at the market!
- lack of volcanic ash
- visitors
- smoothies
- free classical guitar sheet music online
- a finally clean and clutter-free bedroom (who knew you could accumulate so much stuff in such a short time?)
- new friendships
- TV shows on DVD - current favourites include Brothers & Sisters and The Office
- remnants of care packages sent from home - items worth mentioning include cake mixes, snacks, magazines, books, coffee, and clothes
- other people's blogs
- baking stuff and then trying not to eat it

Things I am currently not enjoying (because let's not pretend that everything deserves to be enjoyed):

- worsening potholes on our street that slam me around the passenger seat every time we come or go
- dirt...dirt...more dirt...more sweeping...
- bad drivers
- slowwww internet - actually, I can't complain about that one, because every time I look at a map and see where on the globe we are, it's quite remarkable that we have any internet at all!
- ants that have found their way under the door and into the kitchen

To summarize, MOSTLY there is a lot to enjoy, especially since I have become quite capable of dealing with annoyances such as dirt and ants. Even potholes. And that's just my list. I'll let Paul speak for himself another time.

1 comment:

  1. It's great when the good outweighs the bad! I can relate to having dirt everywhere... I literally mop and sweep the entire flat every single day!

    ReplyDelete