Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sipi Falls

So much to do, so little time left to do it! Visiting Sipi Falls was another item on our sightseeing to-do list for before we leave - since we only have about 4 weekends left and they are filling up fast, we made the getaway for the Canada Day weekend and our friends Paul and Sonia met us there. I was dreading the 7 hour drive to Eastern Uganda, but we broke it up by staying the first night in Jinja and the last night in Kampala. I survived with no car-sickness, yipee! Plus, the paved highway was a pleasant surprise!

Sipi Falls is actually 3 separate waterfalls all connected by Sipi River. The lodge we stayed at was right at the base of one of the falls and it was beautiful! We also hiked to the other 2 sets of falls (and by "we" I mean "everyone else except me" - the hike to the 3rd waterfall was steep and slippery, so I played the role of responsible mother and stayed behind with Octoby!) But it was so worth it - it's a gorgeous place!

Sipi River Lodge


Ready to hike!




Breakfast (and every other meal for that matter) was amazing!


Ready for a full morning of hard-core reading




Octoby at 24 weeks in Jinja!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!!
    Mazz says, "Megan looks soooo pretty!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Megan!! What a beautiful place to hike!

    ReplyDelete