When I was a kid I was convinced I would build a roller coaster in my sandbox. Obviously it didn't work. Things like that never work for me! This morning there was no power, and we had forgotten to pre-grind some coffee last night just in case (which we rarely have to do, but on mornings like this we kick ourselves for not doing it). I wanted coffee really badly - so I decided, hey, I know, I'll put the beans in a ziplock bag and smash them with a hammer, that will work! So Paul stood there and watched as I went to town on these coffee beans, inside a ziplock covered with a tea towel. Well, because things don't work for me, when I opened the towel I realized the ziplock had burst open, and there were pieces of smashed coffee beans EVERYWHERE. All over the counter, the floor, and me. So Paul takes a new bag, fills it with beans, takes the hammer, and starts smashing - only this time it actually works, because it's Paul. When he was finished he said, "It's no roller coaster but it will do." To add to that story, I later ended up spilling almost my whole mug of coffee all over the table and the floor. But that's irrelevant. I'm just clumsy. Paul gave me the rest of his coffee since mine was on the floor - I have a good husband.
Tops of the Timothy Centre guesthouses - check out the view!
Paul brings the builders "soda" every once in awhile. They love it!
Hi Meg,
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to the 'it works for the husband but not for me' deal. Steve is forever saving me from my own inventions :)