Friday, June 24, 2011

Playground

For the past few months I have been helping an American group, Kids Around the World, organize their itinerary for a trip to Uganda to build a playground at a local Christian school in Masaka. Kids Around the World partners with ACSI Uganda to set up the details of their playgrounds (they built one last year too), as well as organize teacher training workshops. My job involved booking hotels, transportation, conference venues, etc. before they arrived. This week they've been working on assembling the playground and today was the dedication day! I stopped in for a bit to see the finished product and watch the kids express their gratitude for their new equipment!

The Kids Around the World team



Worship and prayer time


The finished playground - at the end of the dedication the kids had a chance to play on it for the first time. I didn't stay long enough to see them use it but they were definitely all very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment