One of the exciting things I have the privilege of being part of over the next few months is working with KCF (Kibaale Children's Fund). This is the department in charge of all the sponsorship of students at our school in Kibaale, distribution of special gifts and letters from sponsors, etc. Yesterday (while in the office with Shannon, trying to soak in as much about the job as we could) we were surprised to learn the number of students in the vocational program that don't have sponsors.
The vocational program in Kibaale consists of two years of training in either carpentry, catering or tailoring. The $35 per month commitment could really truly change the life of one of these students!
Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera to Kibaale yesterday (what a surprise - the day I really could have used it), so I stole these photos from the Kibaale website. If you're interested in sponsoring one of these vocational students (or any other student of course) visit the website. Do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment