Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summer Holidays

I'm here! We still exist!

Our entire month of August was spent doing pretty much...nothing. And by that I mean we spent time with friends and family, went on a holiday, and got a few things organized as we settled back into life in Canada - it was so enjoyable! Apparently we brought the Ugandan sun with us because we've only had one rainy day since being back...and this week is only supposed to get hotter! (I love hot sunny weather, but have to say it is a bit uncomfortable at 34 weeks pregnant! I'm thankful for the cool air in the evenings!)

While August was relaxing, September has come with lots of work to be done, including painting/moving, and Paul starting his new job. But more on those things next time.

For now, our getaway!

Whistler

We absolutely love Whistler (who doesn't?) and jumped at the opportunity to go spend a night there with 2 of Paul's sisters and their families in a beautiful cabin. And if that wasn't enough, my parents blessed us with a night away for just the 2 of us at Club Intrawest in Whistler Village! It was SO nice to have a night away alone - especially knowing it could be the last one before Octoby makes his/her appearance!


The kids decided to hike up their shorts and go for a swim despite the cold water!


Sisters-in-law...and 2 babies on the way!






Lunch in Whistler village with our good friends Zach and Natalie



There was one time in Uganda when we wished we could have been in Vancouver, and that was Feb. 2010 when the olympics were here!


OK Falls

After our 2 nights in Whistler we took a gorgeous drive up to the Okanagan where we met up with my family for a few nights in OK Falls. I have so many memories of OK Falls because we've been going there for years since we were little kids! This time we were all there with our spouses (and Abbey...and Octoby!), but still enjoyed all the same fun things we did when we were younger - the pool, the lake, ice-cream, barbecues...and some of us (not me, for obvious reasons) went rock climbing. I'm looking forward to taking our own kids back to our quiet little vacation spot in the summers to come!




Aunty Christy and Abbey building sand castles



An intense game of bocci ball at the beach

Now that the vacation part of our summer is over, we're looking forward to getting into the fall routine of work and preparing for the baby! (Did I just say we were looking forward to work? I guess that's because Paul's the one working, not me. Yay maternity leave!)

Next post: Our New Home!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Megan - enjoy this time before the baby comes! It's so nice to have this time together - last time as a family of two. Enjoy it. And know that a family of three is a total blessing....once you get past the laundry and not sleeping part.

    ReplyDelete