Saturday, May 7, 2011

Groceries!

We finally made it up to Kampala for the much anticipated grocery shopping trip! Combined with a visit to the midwife, a haircut, a relaxing afternoon, a delicious dinner, and some TC errands, it was a good 2 days. Even better was no sign of riots or mischief, phew.

Seriously though, I really didn't know I was capable of being so excited to enter a good grocery store. I even had a dream about Save-On-Foods the other night, and in the dream I couldn't decide what kind of shampoo and nacho chips to buy! That's kind of embarrassing. I'm really not obsessed - we could live very healthily off the food that's available in Masaka. But those few extra things that are available in Kampala are worth the long drive! (We do not follow the 100 mile diet, in case you were wondering.)

So now I am going to go enjoy my cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese and be thankful for all the extras that we don't need but that God has graciously allowed us to indulge in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment